Best Hip-Hop Act 2021 | FCG Heem | Best Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Music and Stores in Miami – Miami New Times - Celeb Tea Time

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Best Hip-Hop Act 2021 | FCG Heem | Best Restaurants, Bars, Clubs, Music and Stores in Miami – Miami New Times

You’ve probably heard her infectious voice while listening to The Afternoon Get Down on 99 Jamz on your way home from work. For more than 20 years, Supa Cindy has graced local airwaves with her lighthearted banter on music and pop culture, climbing the ranks from intern to co-host. She got her start on The Big Lip Bandit Morning Show alongside former 99 Jamz personality Big Lip Bandit and comedian Benji Brown. “We definitely changed radio in South Florida,” she says of that experience. “Big Lip and I were the first duo, male and female, that had the same amount of talk time. I think that’s what people related to. Our chemistry and arguing over the air like brother and sister.” Now she’s the quintessential voice of Miami, lending her voice to topics ranging from entertainment news to mental-health discussions, while continuing her impact on the local hip-hop scene with her “Miami Cypher” series and her latest Sunday-night segment, “Co-Sign Radio,” where she debuts new music from emerging local artists with co-host Jill Strada. “My radio career started with DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, Flo Rida, and Pitbull,” Cindy says. “All of them are my personal close friends. And to see their growth, I’m like, ‘Why is it impossible to see another Khaled or Rick Ross?'” Sure enough, her cyphers have shone a spotlight on up-and-comers like Kiddo Marv, King Hoodie, Tafia, Mike Smiff, and Tierra Traniece. “I love the community. I love I can go to any neighborhood and get the love and respect I’ve earned,” she says. “I love my people, and when I say I love my people, I’m talking about the 305.”



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3DIIZTc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad