Nile Rodgers’ mom Beverly Goodman dies after lengthy battle with Alzheimer’s – lcbcradio.com - Celeb Tea Time

Breaking

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, December 28, 2020

Nile Rodgers’ mom Beverly Goodman dies after lengthy battle with Alzheimer’s – lcbcradio.com

Nile Rodgers’ mother Beverly Goodman has passed away.

The Chic legend is in mourning after his parent sadly lost her lengthy battle with Alzheimer’s on Sunday (12.27.20).

Alongside a picture of the ‘Get Lucky’ guitarist resting his head on his mom’s, he announced on Twitter: “My mom #BeverlyGoodman#RIP passed away around 6am today. I breathed some of my 1st breaths with her and she breathed some of her last with me. My brothers and I will contact everyone soon. Today I’m numb.”

Just a few days earlier, the 68-year-old musician revealed he was unable to visit Beverly amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

He wrote: “The saddest part of this #COVID holiday is not being able to visit my #mom. She’s always happy and entertaining even w late stage #Alzheimer’s. I’ve learned to redirect or not, so she’s never uncomfortable with her memory loss. This was 2 years ago and she’s still sharp today.”

Nile has now lost six family members to the degenerative disease.

He said recently: “Six family members have had Alzheimer’s. We are talking about my mother who currently has Alzheimers. And my mum’s sister, my aunt, died of Alzheimers.

“And their mother, my maternal grandmother, died of it, and my maternal grandmother’s sister – my great aunt – she died of it. And also her daughter died of it. And my uncle as well.”

The record producer – who works for the music therapy charity Nordoff Robbins – previously shared how discussing music with his mom was like therapy for them both.

He said: “My mom is dying right now from Alzheimer’s. It’s taken somewhat of a toll on me mentally … So after starting to visit her more I realized that – and this was something I found really hard to come to terms with – her reality and the rest of the world’s reality are so totally different to one another. And the most, or at least what feels like the most, kind way for me to help my mother live the rest of her life the best way it can be lived is to enter her reality, because I can always leave but she can’t leave. So when she starts talking about the same thing over and over again I act like it’s the first time we’ve said it.

“I’ll say, ‘Hey mom, I’ve got a new record,’ and it doesn’t mean anything to her. I mean, it’ll mean something to her in the moment. She’ll say, ‘Really, wow.’ ‘Yeah, it’s the first time we’ve had a Top 10 since 1979.’ ‘Oh my God, darling that’s fantastic, where did you do that?’ ‘Well, we did it in the UK.’ ‘So, what’s going on now sweetheart?’ Oh well, mom it’s the first time we’ve had a Top 10 since…’ so it’s like that, you know?”



from WordPress https://ift.tt/37QxxXF
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad